Saint Joseph Hospital Pharmacy Fall Conference 2018
Event Date: 10/26/2018 - 10/26/2018 Time:7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Clinical Pharmacy Department of Saint Joseph Hospital is hosting a continuing education program for pharmacists and nurses at no charge. A complimentary continental breakfast and lunch is included, and anyone who is interested in attending this event is welcome.
Event: Pharmacy Clinical Fall Conference
Date: Friday, Oct. 26
Time: 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Location: Keeneland Health Education Center, JP Morgan Chase Room, Saint Joseph Office Park, Bldg. D, 4th Floor
Register: Visit KentuckyOneHealth.org/pharmreg or call the pharmacy department at 859.313.1723. Registration closes on Oct. 18.
View the program brochure.
This program will be certified for 5 contact hours (0.5 CEUs) for pharmacists and 6 contact hours (0.6 CEUs) for nurses. Pharmacy CEU certificates will be accredited via the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy for application to Kentucky pharmacist licensure only. Nursing CEU will be provided through the Kentucky Board of Nursing for Kentucky licensure.
Topics that will be covered are:
1. Why Am I Still Taking Plavix?
2. Clinical Updates and Pearls 2018
3. Issues Impacting Medication Decisions in Elderly Patients
4. Management of Clostridium difficile Infection
5. Don’t Go Breakin’ My Heart: Implications of Using Contraindicated Medications
6. Medication Management in Renal Disease