Continuing Education: What’s New–Palliative Care and Oncology Rehab
Event Date: 7/23/2014 - 7/23/2014 Time:5:30-7:30 p.m.
"What’s New in Interdisciplinary Approach to Palliative Care and Oncology Rehabilitation?"
Wednesday, July 23
Jewish Hospital Rudd Heart and Lung Center
Great Halls 1 & 2, Conference Center
Continuing Education Credits Available for Physicians / Nurses / Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
Dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. and the program is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Please RSVP by Wednesday, July 16. Email your full name and license number (if applicable) to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.210.4465 with any questions.
Clinical Education Objectives:
- Welcome and Introduce Case Study — Discuss AJCC staging guidelines and prognostic indicators for non small cell lung cancer (Subhash Sheth, MD: 5 min.)
- Social worker impact on patient’s decision-making process and dealing with the diagnosis (Elizabeth Tully, CSW: 15 min.)
- Oncology rehab physician impact on cancer patient’s functional needs and the benefits of the STAR Program Certification (Megan Nelson, MD: 25 min.)
- Define Palliative Care and compare/contrast with Hospice Services; Review KentuckyOne Health Palliative Care programs and introduce Holistic Council and Healing Therapies (Vickie Lowe, MD: 30 min.)
- Question and Answer / Case Study Closure (Panel: 15 min.)
Instructors: Subhash Sheth, MD; Megan Nelson, MD; Vickie Lowe, MD; Elizabeth Tully
Click here to learn more about this offering.