Research Resources and Databases
Database search tools are available for medical providers and employees at KentuckyOne Health facilities to find journal articles on a topic, browse journal titles, and find e-books.
- Medline via PubMed - The U.S. National Library of Medicine’s bibliographic database that contains more than 23 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a concentration on biomedicine.
- CINAHL with Full Text - Provides full text for the top nursing and allied health literature available and covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- Up to Date - An evidence-based clinical decision support resource, used by clinicians to help make decisions at the point of care.
- Clinical Key For Nursing - A clinical search engine that supports the decisions of nurses and other clinicians by connecting them to evidence-based journal articles, guidelines, e-books, images, and videos.
- Essential Evidence Plus - An evidence-based, point-of-care clinical decision support system that gives users access to over 13,000 topics, guidelines, abstracts, and summaries.
- STAT!Ref - A healthcare e-resource that allows users to cross-search full-text titles, journals, textbooks, and evidence-based point-of-care authoritative resources.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews - Free version of the Cochrane collection of high-quality systematic reviews, protocols, and articles. Abstracts are accessible to all. For full-text, please send a request here.
- AHRQ National Guideline Clearinghouse - A free public resource for summaries of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
Request full-text articles here.
Want to know more about how to search the databases? Online, in-person, and group instruction is available. If you have any problems or questions about the resources, please contact us.
Please note: If you are accessing this page from a KentuckyOne Health facility, clicking the links above will take you to a page inside the KentuckyOne Health network. If you are accessing remotely, please see the information below regarding Remote Access. If you are accessing this page from Taylor Regional Hospital, please click HERE.
If you have any problems or questions about the resources, please contact us.
Want to know more about how to search the databases? Online, in-person, and group instruction is available.
Request the full-text to an article here.
If you wish to access the Virtual Library databases remotely (i.e., away from a KentuckyOne Health facility), a Citrix or VPN account is required. Please log in to your Citrix or VPN account using your User ID and password and then return to the Virtual Library website. Using Citrix, you will need to return to the Virtual Library using the internet browser within Citrix.
If you have forgotten your Citrix or VPN User ID and/or password, or are having problems logging in to your account, please contact the IT service desk for assistance.
If you do not have a Citrix or VPN account, please have your leader request access for you using the Total Access Governance (TAGS) system. If you have other questions about accessing the databases on the Virtual Library site, please contact Ashley Barnes at 502.562.7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.