Visit KentuckyOne at the Kentucky State Fair
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
KentuckyOne Health will offer health screenings, demonstrations and more at the Kentucky State Fair, Aug. 14-24, at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center.
KentuckyOne will have the largest exhibit in the “Health Horizons” area of the South Wing. The exhibit will feature a number of free health screenings, demonstrations and opportunities to talk with medical experts from multiple hospitals and care centers within our system. Approximately 500 clinical and non-clinical volunteers will be on-hand daily.
“Preventative screenings and knowledge are two very important tools to identify potential health risks,” said Ruth W. Brinkley, president and CEO, KentuckyOne Health. “It is our goal to improve the life of all Kentuckians.”
Physicians, clinicians and volunteers will provide screenings and information on a number of health topics including heart care, primary care, stroke care, cancer, sports medicine, women’s health and information on smoking cessation.
Daily screenings and activities include:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Cholesterol and Glucose Screenings
- James Graham Brown Cancer Center Mobile Mammography Van
- Walk-through, Inflatable Heart and Colon
Activities and screenings that vary by day include:
- Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Screenings
- Coronary Artery Disease Screenings
- Our Lady of Peace Depression and Anxiety Screening
- Smoking Cessation Information
- University of Louisville Hospital Stroke Team
- University of Louisville Hospital Trauma Team
- University of Louisville Hospital Burn Unit
- KentuckyOne Health Cancer Care
- KentuckyOne Health Sports Medicine
- Frazier Rehab Institute Team
- Healthy Lifestyle Centers
- Anywhere Care Demonstration
- STAR Program
- Weight Loss
- Employee Recruitment Team
- 30-Year Anniversary Celebration of Kentucky’s First Heart Transplant
For a full breakdown of screenings and demonstrations offered by day, as well as additional information about each department highlighted at this year’s exhibit, please review the daily schedule online at KentuckyOneHealth.org/statefair.
Follow the fun: KentuckyOneHealth.org/ky1statefair