Paid Time Off During the Holidays
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Spending time with family and friends is very important, and KentuckyOne Health encourages employees to use their holiday, vacation and personal time around these holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Read the guidelines to follow during the upcoming holiday season and share with your employees – please note that all non-volume sensitive areas will be closed on Nov. 22 & 23, Dec. 24 & 25 and Dec. 31 & Jan. 1. This applies to both the remaining and divesting operations.
Below are the guidelines to follow during the upcoming holidays:
All non-volume sensitive areas, including offices and non-patient care functions, will be closed on the following dates:
- Thursday, Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving holiday) and Friday, Nov. 23 (Friday after Thanksgiving)
- Monday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve) and Tuesday, Dec. 25 (Christmas holiday)
- Monday, Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve) and Tuesday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s holiday)
This will allow long holiday weekends for many employees to rest and rejuvenate. Taking time off also allows employees to continue providing excellent care to our patients.
- Leaders should monitor their employees’ time off balances and encourage use for those who have large balances.
- Payroll may need to be processed on a different schedule – details will be forthcoming.
Holiday pay, if applicable, will be determined by current policy. If you have any questions, please contact your Human Resources Business Partner.