Flu Vaccines Are Mandatory for Employees
Thursday, September 13, 2018
As you know, flu season is upon us and in an effort to keep both our employees and patients safe, flu vaccines once again will be mandatory for all KentuckyOne Health employees.
Complimentary flu vaccines will be available to all KentuckyOne employees, medical staff, volunteers and contracted workers starting early October. Divesting operations will have vaccines available starting Oct. 1, with remaining operations starting on Oct. 8. Any exceptions to the start date will be communicated through facility Employee Health Offices. Schedules will be communicated and posted for each facility.
Why to receive a flu vaccine:
Supports our Mission, Purpose and Values
- Supports quality patient care
- Meets The Joint Commission expectation for compliance
- Demonstrates a commitment to employee health and safety
- Reduces absenteeism and enhances productivity
- The deadline for vaccination will be Nov. 30.
- All vaccine forms must be turned into Employee Health.
- Compliance with the program is an expectation of employment; non-compliance with the policy may result in corrective action.
- Those with approved exemptions from last year or seeking exemption for the first time must consult with their Employee Health Office prior to Nov. 30.
- Employees with an approved exemption must agree to use a surgical mask within 6 feet of a patient (this includes areas other than patient rooms, such as hallways and the cafeteria). Masks also should be worn when in a patient room or care area if the distance is greater than 6 feet but the exposure is for a prolonged period of time.