Opt In To Receive W-2 and 1095c Forms Online
Thursday, December 06, 2018
By Jan. 31, 2019, the 2018 W-2 and 1095c forms will be available through the HR/Payroll Connection
for all employees who have provided consent to receive their tax forms "online only." The actual availability date will be communicated by mid-January.
Employees who have previously consented will not have to consent again.
Employees who have not consented in the past but would like to consent now can follow the directions provided below. These employees will need to provide consent for both the W-2 and 1095c forms. The deadline for providing consent is Jan. 7, 2019
. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.
Employees who consent to online access will not receive a paper copy of their tax forms in the mail but could print the online W-2 and 1095c forms.
To provide consent, log into HR/Payroll Connection
- Click on the "My Pay" tab
- Select the "Electronic W-2 Consent" link under the "I Want To" section
- Under the "Year-End Tax Statements" section, select the "Manage Electronic Tax Statement Options" link to review and make any necessary updates to information
- Click on the "Save Notification Option Settings" button
- See the illustrations below for guidance
Employees who have previously consented can take this opportunity to review and make any necessary updates to their notification options as soon as possible to ensure easy access to their 2018 tax forms.
We encourage all employees to provide online consent. Some of the added benefits of "going paperless" are:
Declining to Provide Consent
- Ensuring timely retrieval of their 2018 tax forms
- Filing taxes earlier (they may receive refunds sooner!)
- Reducing the chances of a lost or misplaced document
- Helping to save our environment and conserve our natural resources
- The monies saved on postage expense allows CHI to further support our ministry
Employees who do not provide consent on or before Jan. 7, 2019 will have their 2018 W-2 and 1095c forms mailed to their mailing address. An employee’s mailing address is available in Workday
through the "Personal Information" Worklet:
- Select the "Personal Information" Worklet
- In the "View" box select the "Addresses" button to view the mailing address
- If a change is needed, click the "Edit" button to make the change then click the "Submit" and "Done" buttons
- Online Consent must be provided by Jan. 7, 2019
- Employees who provided online consent by the deadline will be able to access their 2018 tax forms online by Jan. 31, 2019
- Employees who do not provide online consent will be mailed their paper 2018 tax forms by Jan. 31, 2019
- Employees who do not provide online consent may access their tax forms online beginning Feb. 9, 2019 so they can reprint their forms in the event of loss