Welcome to the Preceptor Academy
What is the Preceptor Academy?
- Do you want to directly impact the culture of your unit?
- Do you like creating strong, competent teams?
- Do you want to be a positive role model for your unit?
As a preceptor you can make a difference! The KentuckyOne Health Preceptor Academy provides comprehensive training and support to help you guide and educate the next generation of health care professionals. The training uses a blended learning approach which allows you to fully participate in the program no matter your primary learning style and to discuss your successes, challenges, and take your learning to the next level. Staff who complete the program will be recognized for their accomplishments and be pinned as a preceptor. For questions please contact your Clinical Education Department and/or download the Preceptor Academy Information Sheet.
Requirements to be a preceptor:
- One year of RN experience mandatory.
- At least 6 months of current employment at a KentuckyOne Health facility preferred.
- Must be in good standing with KentuckyOne Health.
- Must be committed to the development and retention of newly hired unit employees.
- Must attend all annual and ongoing preceptor educational requirements.
- Must have manager approval.
Please review the Preceptor Academy class schedule for your facility prior to starting the application process.
Once you have your preferred class date please proceed to the application for completion and submit.
Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email.