Purpose and Objectives
Purpose: The Nursing Professional Development Program (NPDP) encourages the professional development of the staff RN of KentuckyOne Health hospitals through demonstrated high quality, evidence-based nursing care, advancement of individual practice and the profession of Nursing.
- To promote positive patient outcomes by motivating staff to achieve their highest level of clinical competence.
- To keep the most competent staff in clinical practice.
- To provide a mechanism for recruitment and retention of the highest quality personnel.
- To allow for diversity and control of career choices.
- To develop a nursing clinical advancement model reflective of current best practices in healthcare.
Staff nurses may apply annually for the Nursing Professional Development Program by submitting a portfolio for approval and submitting to your market representative.
Pam Elzy, MSN, RN: - KentuckyOne Health Market
Rose Patrick, MSN, RN: - East/Central Market
The KentuckyOne Nursing Professional Development Board will evaluate portfolios using common criteria across the system. Applicants who meet the defined requirements will be eligible for a lump sum bonus.
Download the Nursing Professional Development Program Board Member Contact List
Download the Nursing Professional Development Program Quick Reference Bonus Information