‘My CHI Knowledge Hub,’ Our LEARN Replacement, Launches in September
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
KentuckyOne Health Remaining Operations
LEARN will transition to ‘My CHI Knowledge Hub’ on Sept. 27
The HealthStream learning management system, known as LEARN, has served as our learning platform since 2008. Beginning in mid-September, CHI will transition from HealthStream to a new cloud-based learning management system solution provided by Cornerstone. It will be called “My CHI Knowledge Hub.”
With this change, employees in the remaining operations (central and eastern market) can expect a more personalized learning experience in a fresh, dynamic environment.
Please refer to the following information for more details, and watch for further updates as we get closer to go-live.
- We are introducing a new learning management system called My CHI Knowledge Hub. It replaces LEARN.
- Beginning Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018, access My CHI Knowledge Hub from the growth tab on InsideCHI. Click on “Training (My CHI Knowledge Hub)”– no separate logon required.
- You’ll use My CHI Knowledge Hub for the same learning activities that you did in LEARN:
- Completing your annual education course(s), clinical certification assignments and other assigned training
- Completing elective courses
- Managing your transcripts, certifications and more
- Most of us will first use My CHI Knowledge Hub to complete our annual compliance training in October.
Why are we changing?
My CHI Knowledge Hub introduces the latest technology and best practices in online learning and learning management.
- Personalized learning: receive suggestions for courses or curriculum based on your preferences – think Amazon and Netflix.
- Robust reporting: managers and instructors will have access to more comprehensive reports.
- Fresh content: you’ll have the latest in course content from the leading learning providers.
What you need to know:
- You will have access to the courses in My CHI Knowledge Hub that you had prior to the transition. They will be in a new format.
- Your LEARN transcript history, or education history, will transfer to My CHI Knowledge Hub, though, will not be immediately available.
- Once your LEARN transcript history is available in My CHI Knowledge Hub, a communication will be sent to all employees.
(A date for this activity is to be determined.)
- If you want access to your transcript before it’s available, such as for performance reviews, nursing portfolio or ladder reviews,
print/download your transcript from LEARN no later than Sept. 26.
- Complete assigned courses in LEARN no later than Sept. 26. LEARN courses in progress (not completed) at go-live will not transfer and will need to be restarted in My CHI Knowledge Hub.
- Continuing Education (CE) certificates earned within LEARN will not transfer. Print out CE certificates needed for professional licensure no later than Sept. 26. CE certificates earned after we begin using My CHI Knowledge Hub will be available in that system.
- CHI will continue to manage the new hire assignments, such as Corporate Responsibility, Rapid Regulatory, Fraud and Abuse, up to the cutover. To prevent non-compliance with mandatory certifications, employees due to renew a certification in August and September (BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP) should complete certification assignments by Aug. 31, 2018.
For all, by Sept. 26:
- Complete assigned courses in LEARN.
- [Optional:] Print/download your transcript from LEARN.
In addition, clinical staff and providers:
- By Aug. 31, complete certification assignments if you are due to renew a certification in August and September (NRP, BLS, ACLS or PALS), to prevent non-compliance with mandatory certifications.
- By Sept. 26, print out in LEARN Continuing Education (CE) certificates needed for professional licensure. See tip sheet for step-by-step instructions.
- [Optional:] By Sept. 26, print/download NRP card(s) from LEARN. See tip sheet for step-by-step instructions.
- [Optional:] From Sept. 1-26, print/download BLS, ACLS or PALS cards from LEARN. See tip sheet for step-by-step instructions.
Information and support:
- Contact the CHI ITS Service Desk, 866.236.0441, with questions about logging into LEARN or any technical difficulties with printing at your workstation.
- If you have requests for assignments and curriculum builds, please continue to work with your Learn Administrator, Carmelita Durham (KYLEARNEast@kentuckyonehealth.org). Job aids will be available about My CHI Knowledge Hub before go-live.
A Note for Divesting Operations:
While the remaining operations will transition to My CHI Knowledge Hub in September, as detailed above, divesting operations in the Louisville market will not. Employees in the divesting operations will continue to use LEARN, the learning platform supported by HealthStream Learning Management.