KentuckyOne leaders are encouraged to get involved with organizations focused on bettering the communities in which they live or work.
Participating in a volunteer organization is a great way to do your part in making a difference. Your involvement also comes with several benefits to you:
- It helps expand your perspective or gain new insight by meeting others from different backgrounds and industries.
- It allows you to continue to hone your influencing and mediation skills.
- It gives you the opportunity to network with other leaders and executives.
- It helps you discover new talents within yourself.
Below is a list of several organizations and opportunities around the state. You can download the list of organizations with contact information. This is not an exhaustive list so feel free to research other areas of interest available in your respective communities. You can also refer to VolunteerMatch for additional volunteer opportunities.
Choose an organization or cause that you’re passionate about. Volunteering is an investment of time in the community—and in your growth as a leader.
- Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning
- Moveable Feast
- Access to Justice Foundation
- AIDS Volunteers of Lexington (AVOL)
- Arbor Youth Services, Inc.
- ARC of Central Kentucky
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials, Inc.
- Assurance for Life
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky
- Blue Grass Council of the Blind
- Blue Grass Opera
- Bluegrass ADD
- Bluegrass Greensource
- Bluegrass Sports Commission
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Kentucky
- Kentucky League of Cities
- Kentucky Natural Lands Trust
- Learning Disabilities Association of Kentucky
- Local First Lexington
- NAMI Lexington (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- National Association of State Boating Law Administrators
- Nature Conservancy of Kentucky
- Nest – Center for Women, Families, & Children
- New Life Day Center, Inc.
- Nursing Home Ombudsman Agency
- Partners for Youth
- Blackacre Conservancy
- Bluegrass Conservancy
- Kentucky Opera Association
- Kentucky Special Olympics
- Military Missions
- National MS Society – KY Southeast Indiana Chapter
- Partners for Education at Berea College
- Salvation Army
Multiple Locations Across Kentucky
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- American Stroke Association
- Big Brothers/Sisters of the Bluegrass
- Habitat for Humanity
- Humane Society
- Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates
- Kentucky Psychological Association Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Lexington Citizen Center
- Salvation Army
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Lexington Affiliate
- United Way
- Volunteers of America