Employee of the Year Spotlight: Beth Thompson, OT
Monday, March 04, 2019
Beth Thompson, OT, with husband and son.
Get to know our Employees and Leaders of the Year!
Each of our Employee and Leaders of the Year answered a few questions about their careers at KentuckyOne Health and their personal interests.
Today we spotlight our Overall Employee of the Year 2018, Beth Thompson, OT. Beth is an Occupational Therapist with the Brain Injury Team at Frazier Rehab Institute.
1. What year did you first join KYOne Health (including previous organizations JHSMH, JHHS or Caritas)? 2008
2. What was your first job here? I was first an OT student at Frazier Rehab, then a rehab aide for 3 months before becoming an Occupational Therapist.
3. What is your current job? Occupational Therapist, Brain Injury Team
4. Family? I have been married for 8 years, and we have a 5 year old little boy.
5. Favorite hobby? Running
6. Favorite place to vacation? Gulf Shores, Alabama
7. Most admired person? My Mother. She taught me my work ethic, my grit, and how to treat others even when obstacles in my path are overwhelming. She has been through some devastating life events, but does not let that define her or hold her back from accomplishing her goals. She motivates me to be a better person in all aspects of my life.
8. Favorite color? Scarlet and Grey; Go Bucks! ;)
9. Favorite book or movie? The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah
10. Bucket list item? Complete an Ironman