Leader of the Year Spotlight: Tracy Hurst, R.N.
Monday, March 11, 2019
Tracy Hurst with her children, Christopher, Mimi and Samuel.
Get to know our Employees and Leaders of the Year!
Each of our Employee and Leaders of the Year answered a few questions about their careers at KentuckyOne Health and their personal interests.
Today we spotlight our Leader of the Year 2018, Tracy Hurst, R.N. Tracy is the Director of Nursing at Frazier Rehab Institute.
1. What year did you first join KYOne Health (including previous organizations JHSMH, JHHS or Caritas)? I joined Jewish Hospital directly out of nursing school in Dec. 1988. I came to JH because of great clinical rotations, great reputation, and my aunt worked there.
2. What was your first job here? I worked as a staff nurse on second shift on 6T (diabetic unit). I was hired by Cheryl Fugatte and was oriented by Donna Smith. It was a great experience.
3. What is your current job? I am currently Director of Nursing at Frazier Rehab. I have a strong connection to the mission and team at Frazier. We do truly make a difference.
4. Family? I have been married to my husband Chris for 30 years. We have 3 children Christopher 18, Mimi 16 and Samuel 14. Teens are a lot of work!
5. Favorite hobby? I love to garden. I love to grow flowers and have a yard full of them.
6. Favorite place to vacation? We have gone to Islamorada in the Florida Keys every year since I was a child but I love to travel anywhere! I like going to new places.
7. Most admired person? My mom is the person that has most influenced my life. She instilled a good work ethic and the importance of education. She allowed me to be independent and make my own choices but held me accountable for my choices. She was patient when I messed up and proud when I did well. She is a great role model.
8. Favorite color? Not sure I can pick one... I like blue, pink and lavender the most.
9. Favorite book or movie? I love to read. When I was a young girl, my grandmother had shelves full of books and introduced me to many wonderful older books. I think my favorite was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
10. Bucket list item? Once a year, go on a vacation to a place I’ve never been before.