Get to know our Employees and Leaders of the Year!
Each of our Employee and Leaders of the Year answered a few questions about their careers at KentuckyOne Health and their personal interests.
Today we spotlight our Employee of the Year 2018, Daniel DeSilvey. Dan is an Distribution Tech II at Jewish Hospital Shelbyville.
1. What year did you first join KYOne Health (including previous organizations JHSMH, JHHS or Caritas)? 2008
2. What was your first job here? Equipment Tech
3. What is your current job? Distribution Tech II, Materials Management
4. Family? I am the father of three - two daughters, Danielle, 24 and Bennetta, 23, and a son, Casey who is 12. I have three grandchildren - Hayden, age 2, Michael, age 1, and Mollie, who is 1 month old. I am engaged to Sheri Peyton, a nurse in the Surgery/Recovery Department at Jewish Hospital Shelbyville, and soon will have a stepdaughter, Haley, age 18, and a stepson, Camden, age 12.
5. Favorite hobby? Coaching youth sports - basketball and baseball
6. Favorite place to vacation? Anywhere outside of the workplace - Florida
7. Most admired person? My father, Don DeSilvey. He supported our family of six, was a hard working man and instilled me with my working habits. “Nothing is just given to you; you have to work hard and earn everything”
8. Favorite color? Black and yellow - Pittsburgh Steeler, Pirate, and Penguins fan
9. Favorite book or movie? Any sports-themed movie... The Longest Yard, Friday Night Lights, We Are Marshall, The Blind Side, Varsity Blues
10. Bucket list item? I want to make it back to Hawaii. I ran the Honolulu Marathon in the early 90's and would love to go back without doing a 26.2 mile run!