Employee of the Year Spotlight: Beth Emonz, R.N.
Monday, April 01, 2019
Get to know our Employees and Leaders of the Year!
Each of our Employee and Leaders of the Year answered a few questions about their careers at KentuckyOne Health and their personal interests.
Today we spotlight our Employee of the Year, Beth Emonz, R.N.. Beth is an Employee Health Nurse at Jewish Hospital.
1. What year did you first join KYOne Health (including previous organizations JHSMH, JHHS or Caritas)? I first joined Jewish Hospital in 2002.
2. What was your first job here? I joined the organization as a nursing assistant on 6 Towers and then became a nurse on the same unit when I graduated nursing school in 2005. I was able to attend nursing school through a Foundation Scholarship.
3. What is your current job? I currently work in the Employee Health office where I have been since 2012.
4. Family? I am married, and have an 8 year old son and 2 step-daughters.
5. Favorite hobby? Spending time with my family.
6. Favorite place to vacation? Anywhere on a beach, but the Smoky Mountains are a close second!
7. Most admired person? Personally, I would say my Mom and Dad who taught me the importance of always being kind to others. Professionally, I have had so many great leaders in my time here at Jewish who have each taught me something that has helped me grow as a person and a nurse.
8. Favorite color? My favorite color is red.
9. Favorite book or movie? I am not much of a movie person, more TV (mostly reality shows).
10. Bucket list item? I would love to travel outside of the country, maybe to France or Italy!