Leader of the Year Spotlight: Tammy Wolford
Monday, April 08, 2019
Tammy Wolford with her granddaughter, Rory.
Get to know our Employees and Leaders of the Year!
Each of our Employee and Leaders of the Year answered a few questions about their careers at KentuckyOne Health and their personal interests.
Today we spotlight our Leader of the Year, Tammy Wolford. Tammy is a Practice Manager II for Vascular and General Surgery.
1. What year did you first join KYOne Health (including previous organizations JHSMH, JHHS or Caritas)? I worked for Medical Center Cardiologists from 1992 to 1998, when I left to purchase a small independently owned Convenient Store. In 2007, I was asked if I was interested in returning part-time, which I did, and one thing led to another. I went from part to full time. From 2011 to 2014, I became the Manager of Sun Valley, and then transferred as the Manager of Vascular Surgery in 2014 to present. I also managed the Spine Surgery office as well, shortly after coming to Vascular Surgery. I was also the interim Manager for Midwest Gastroenterology for a short time until they closed, and the General Surgery office was assigned to me along with Vascular Surgery.
2. What was your first job here? My first job was Medical Transcriptionist.
3. What is your current job? My current role is Practice Manager II, Vascular Surgery and General Surgery.
4. Family? I have two step children and love spending time with my granddaughter, Rory.
5. Favorite hobby? Relaxing on the lake whether it be fishing or soaking up the sun.
6. Favorite place to vacation? Any place where it’s warm and near the water. I went to Punta Cana last year and would definitely go back. San Francisco is always a favorite.
7. Most admired person? My Mamaw, who always helped anyone in need without judging them made a huge impression in my life.
8. Favorite color? Blue
9. Favorite book or movie? The Notebook
10. Bucket list item? To go to Ireland!