Share Your Favorite Superhero and Win Tickets for the May 2 Derby Festival Pegasus Parade
Monday, April 22, 2019
As a proud sponsor of the Kentucky Derby Festival for over 20 years, Kentucky One Health Louisville Region employees are eagerly preparing to participate in some of this year’s events including health fairs and the Festival’s original event, the Republic Bank Pegasus Parade. This year’s parade theme is superheroes, and we will be represented in the event by some of our own “Healing Heroes” including:
- Tina Forman, RN, KentuckyOne Health Louisville Region’s “Overall Leader of the Year”
- Jewish Hospital Shelbyville Emergency Department nurses, Kasie Nutter, RN, BSN, and Cynthia Heady, RN along with Shelby County EMS paramedic, Dennis Newton. These three were highlighted in the media earlier this year when they used their lifesaving skills to resuscitate a man having a heart attack while working out at a local gym.
- Jewish Transplant Care transplant coordinators and nurses, Kay Padgett and Diane Page. The program is celebrating its 55th year of performing life-saving transplant procedures this year with over 5,200 lives being saved through the miracle of organ transplantation.
- KentuckyOne Health Gastroenterologist, Dr. Wayne Tuckson was not only selected as one of Louisville Magazine’s “Top Surgeons” this past year, but he is also serving as president of the Greater Louisville Medical Society.
- And, longtime Jewish Hospital and KentuckyOne Health Cardiologist, Dr. Morris Weiss. 1962 was the year, Dr. Weiss began taking care of heart patients at Jewish Hospital. Still active and practicing today, Dr. Weiss was also one of the visionaries behind the Filson Historical Society’s new exhibit focusing on Jewish Hospital and its transformation of health care in modern Louisville. The exhibit runs through August 30th.
A limited number of tickets are available for the Pegasus Parade, and a random drawing will be conducted to give them away. To win tickets, email us the name of your favorite superhero or KentuckyOne Health Healing Hero to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, April 26. The drawing will be held on Monday morning, April 29. Winners will be notified and tickets will be sent electronically.
Ticket prizes include:
- 3 winners - VIP Seats for 4
- 10 winners - Bleacher Seats for 4
For more information on the parade, go to: https://discover.kdf.org/pegasusparade/
Prior to the Pegasus Parade, KentuckyOne Health will be represented at two other Kentucky Derby Festival events:
KDF 4th Street Live! Health Fair
Thursday, April 25, 4 p.m., Fourth Street Live!
Our Jewish Hospital Transplant Care team will be sharing educational information about our transplant services and Donate Life & KODA, coinciding with National Organ Donor Month and our 55th Anniversary Celebration of the transplant program.
Pegasus Parade Preview Party
Tuesday, April 30, 5 p.m., Kentucky Exposition Center South Wing C
The following service lines and programs will be featured at this event which offers a preview of the floats that will be participating in this year’s Pegasus Parade:
- Stroke Risk Assessments
- Wound Care Educational Information
- Hepatitis C Screenings
- Sports Med Urgent Care Educational Information
- Vascular Blood Pressure
- Heart Care Hands-only CPR
- Frazier/Sports Medicine Grip-Strength
- Breast Care Educational Information
- Transplant Care Marrow Registry
- Our Lady of Peace Educational Information
- KentuckyOne Medical Group Educational Information
- Cancer Prevention Educational Information
Thank you to all our KentuckyOne Health Louisville Region employees for being such great ambassadors for the organization during this wonderful community festival.