Updated Information: Pharmacy Plus / Pharmacy Plus Specialty Closure Announcement
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
KentuckyOne Health Pharmacy Plus and Pharmacy Plus Specialty pharmacy will close, and delivery service for patient pick-up will be eliminated, effective Wednesday, June 19.
This decision will eliminate the two retail pharmacy locations and four pharmacy pick-up locations at facilities currently utilized by the community and KentuckyOne Health employees:
Retail Pharmacy Locations:
- Pharmacy Plus at Jewish Hospital/Frazier Rehab Institute
- Pharmacy Plus at Sts. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital
Employee Pickup Locations:
- Our Lady of Peace
- Jewish Hospital Shelbyville
- Flaget Memorial Hospital
- Pharmacy Plus Specialty at Commerce Crossings
Actions Required to Move Prescriptions
We recommend that all current Pharmacy Plus patients review their prescriptions and confirm the new pharmacy location or make a change to their pharmacy location to ensure a smooth transition. Employees and patients may obtain refills for current prescriptions at the current locations until Wednesday, June 19. We are, however, actively reducing inventory and appreciate your cooperation in transitioning to a new pharmacy as soon as possible.
All filled prescriptions must be picked up by end of business day on Wednesday, June 19.
Patients have the option of selecting a pharmacy of their choice to fulfill prescriptions, based on the type of medication received. Employees and patients should call the pharmacy of your choice and request a transfer your medications from Pharmacy Plus/Pharmacy Plus Specialty.
Pharmacy Plus Specialty and Pharmacy Plus representatives are available to answer specific questions that patients may have regarding the transfer of prescriptions and other relevant concerns.
- Toll-Free Call Center: 1-844-773-6145
- Hours & Dates of Operation: 9:00am to 4:00pm EST, Monday – Friday
- Additional information is available at: https://www.kentuckyonehealth.org/pharmacy
Information Specific for Employees & CHI Medical and Prescription Benefits Plan Recipients
- Pharmacy Plus is not automatically transferring any prescriptions. If no action is taken to change pharmacy by June 21, existing prescriptions will be able to be accessed post-closure through the CHI Saint Joseph Health Community Pharmacy in Lexington. You will need to call the Lexington facility at 1-859-967-5924 to obtain a refill of an existing prescription.
- The preferred CHI pharmacy for KentuckyOne Health Louisville Region employees residing in Kentucky is:
CHI Saint Joseph Health Community Pharmacy
120 North Eagle Creek Drive, Suite 101
Lexington, KY 40509
- Using this pharmacy option will allow employees residing in Kentucky to continue to receive the discounted co-pays currently received when using Pharmacy Plus/Pharmacy Plus Specialty. There is currently no shipping cost, and the Lexington-based pharmacy is in the process of setting up mail services for KentuckyOne Health employees who live in Kentucky.
- If asking your physician to e-scribe prescriptions to CHI Saint Joseph Health Community Pharmacy, the physician will need to search for “KYOne,” and locate “KYOne Health Community Pharmacy” with the address of 120 N Eagle Creek Dr. #101.
- Until CHI Saint Joseph Health Community Pharmacy in Lexington obtains licenses in surrounding states, the preferred CHI pharmacy of KentuckyOne Health Louisville Region employees residing in Indiana or Ohio is:
CHI Health Specialty Pharmacy
7710 Mercy Rd. Ste 102
Omaha, NE 68124
- Using this pharmacy option will allow employees residing in Indiana or Ohio to continue to receive the discounted co-pays currently received when using Pharmacy Plus/Pharmacy Plus Specialty. There is no shipping cost. If asking your physician to e-scribe prescription to CHI Health Specialty Pharmacy, share the pharmacy address. NOTE: No prescriptions for controlled substances (CII-V) may be filled/shipped at/from this location.
- KentuckyOne Health and CHI will continue to provide employees and their dependents participating in CHI Medical and Prescription Benefits Plans access to pharmacy services at a local pharmacy of their choice within the CVS/Caremark Pharmacy Network.
- Discounted 90-day mail order prescriptions will remain available for maintenance prescriptions for employees and dependents enrolled in the CHI Medical Plan who use the CVS/Caremark mail order services.
- For up to two fills on maintenance medications and any non-maintenance fills, you can use any retail pharmacy. The copays will be twice the cost as those at CHI pharmacies for 30-day fills.
- For maintenance medications, the CHI Medical and Prescription Benefits plans allow two fills at any retail pharmacy, then a switch to mail order. The pharmacy at CHI Saint Joseph Health Community Pharmacy in Lexington is recognized as a “Caremark mail order” provider. Employees have the option of using CHI Saint Joseph Health or another mail order pharmacy within the CVS/Caremark Pharmacy Network.